Wednesday 14 August 2013

August Favourites!

Hey Hey! So this week I'll be talking about my August favourites (oh, and is it just me or is 2013 going way too fast?). I have no idea what else to say in this intro, so let's get started :)

Makeup Favourites
I like to think that I'm pretty good when it comes to applying makeup, but there's just one problem: I've only learnt half of it! I mean, I've got blending concealer and applying mascara down pat, but I've never been brave enough to try the complicated stuff, like eyeshadow. Yeah yeah, I know - I'm boring! Since then, I've started to make an effort in learning how to master eyeliner. I decided to purchase a liquid eyeliner because I was struggling with my kohl pencil, but a very helpful sales assistant deterred me from the expensive brands and to the ChiChi Black is Black Liquid Eyeliner Pen instead. It worked just as well, if not better, than any other eyeliner from a well-known brand. (plus, it's a fraction on the price!) Remember, sales assistants are paid to help you, so make the most out of them!



Ahh, Maybelline Baby Lips! Just about all my friends keep one in their pencil case at school, because they're so handy to have wherever you are! Plus, the name isn't misleading; your lips are so soft when you regularly use it!

Okay, this is another long-time favourites of mine. For too long, I've been suffering from dark circles (no matter how much sleep I get). However, it's unlikely that you'll ever see them while I have makeup on. My secret? I've been using the Garnier Anti-Dark Circles Roll-on nearly every day for the past 2 years, because I love it so much! It's not the strongest concealer out there, so it doesn't look like you've covered your face in makeup - but still covers your dark circles. In addition to this, the formula includes caffeine, which helps to de-puff your eyes. Seriously, this thing works!

Beauty Favourites
As horrible as it is, a lot of people have dandruff. Also, cheap shampoos that you pick up from your local supermarket may seem to fix the problem, but will actually damage your hair if you use them for long enough. As for the expensive products? As much as I hate to say it, the upmarket products are the ones you should be looking at. Sure, they may be expensive, but they definitely work. Currently, my favourite hair product is the Kerastase Bain Exfoliant Purifiant anti-dandruff shampoo. 
                                

Casual Favourites
My favourite clothing item for this month are the Lorna Jane tank tops (wow, trust me to include workout clothes in my favourites!). But hear me out: everything from Lorna Jane is perfect for almost any sport, no matter what your size. Also, I find their clothes are super comfy, and are made from good quality, breathable materials. 

Okay, I know you're all probably sick of hearing me talk about Lauren Conrad's books, but seriously! I'm currently reading the final book in her The Fame Game series, and I'm literally glued to it! I strongly recommend reading her books, because they're really well-written and the stories are quite unique. 

TV Favourites! Okay, so whoever hasn't seen an episode of Pretty Little Liars should definitely consider doing so (Warning: you'll be hooked). The storyline isn't the best, but it's just too easy to watch episode after episode without hesitation once you get started. Plus, the clothes these (extremely lucky) girls wear will definitely give you some fashion inspo. 


Finally, my favourite song is currently Summertime of our Lives, by Cody Simpson. I can't think of what else to say, so I'll leave you to form your own opinion on this super-catchy song. 
                  

That's all my favourites for August, but I'll definitely have a lot more next month! Don't forget to keep visiting this blog every Thursday for weekly posts. Till next time xx

Next Week: Making a Statement. You know you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment