Wednesday 19 February 2014

When you don't like change...

If you've read my favourites' posts from mid-2013, you'll probably know that I love Lauren Conrad and everything she's written/appeared in - her TV show, her fictional books, as well as her Style and Beauty books... Don't even get me started on her personal website and The Beauty Department! She's a very talented woman, who happens to have made some comments that have stuck with me. I won't mention all my favourites just yet (maybe in another post?), because I'd like to talk about one particular quote right now. I've included it below...

“And lastly…why did you move to L.A.? Besides your job, why L.A.?”
Jane thought for a minute. “To be uncomfortable.”
Dana and Wendell looked at her, a little confused.
“My whole life I’ve always been safe, boring…comfortable,” Jane explained. “I’ve had the same friends my whole life. I have a great family. I grew up in a beautiful place. I was really lucky, but I came to L.A. to get out of my comfort zone and do something different.” 
(Conrad, L. LA Candy, 2010)


It's a well-known fact that almost every human doesn't like the idea of change. And why would you? Things are (mostly) perfectly fine as they are, and it's quite common to become hesitant when it comes to changing things up. Things are familiar, routinely...comfortable for you. Which is why it's good to remember that stepping out of your comfort zone may be just what you need in life. I mean, how else will you get to see everything the world has to offer for you?

And as for stepping out of your comfort zone? Well, the choice is up to you! Just do whatever makes you feel uncomfortable (in a good way), such as changing jobs or taking up a new hobby. And I don't know if I should be asking this, but I'm going to do it anyway: Do you really want to have the exact same life in 20 years as you do now? If the answer is yes, then that's completely fine - actually, that's great! However, if your answer is no, then you may want to think about trying something different every now and then.


If you don't like something, change it. If you've decided what you'd like to try, but are scared, click here for a post I recently published that's all about making decisions.

No matter how much you deny it, you're probably hesitant when it comes to trying something different. But this is completely okay! The best thing to do is to accept that at some point, change is going to happen. Focus on the positives of these changes, and you'll be able to handle anything. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment