Thursday 24 April 2014

"The Basics"

Okay, so I know what you're thinking: uh, Katrina, why haven't you posted in like, 3 weeks? I know, I know, I can explain! I've actually been overseas, and I queued 2 posts (including this one) to publish while I was away. The problem was, I only realised blogger didn't post them until I got back and one of my friends asked why I hadn't posted anything over the holidays (shoutout to Yemi!). So I'm sorry if I've been seeming inactive lately, but I'll definitely try and get back on top of things. For now, enjoy this post :) xx

Have you recently bought something incredibly cute, but have nothing to wear it with? Already owning all the basic clothing items can save you heaps of time and money when it comes to wearing a new piece with your current wardrobe. Want to know what all the basics are? Read on.

- White and black t-shirts (help with making statement shorts stand out - ones with pockets are extra cute!)

- White and black singlets (great for sheer tops and wearing under normal shirts when it’s cold)

- Trench/winter coat (make sure you try to get one that’s waterproof! And it's a good idea to splurge on a trench coat, as you're likely to keep it for a few years.)
Perhaps you could channel your inner 'A'?
- Denim blue and black jeans (you don’t have to get skinny jeans - choose any sort of cut you want! Thick denim is especially helpful for those chilly days)

- Jeggings (they're so much more comfortable than jeans - great for flights and road trips)

- Nude coloured underwear (never wear white underwear under white clothes - it will show through!)

- Boots (if they aren’t your thing, you could always get booties. It’s best to get leather ones and spray them with waterproof spray.)
If in doubt, dress up...

- Everyday sweatshirt/jumper (get a dark coloured one, so it won’t easily stain and look dirty)

- Casual dress (something that could be worn to the pool or out to lunch)

- Formal dress and shoes (so you don’t have to panic whenever you get invited to a formal dinner)

- Black blazer (for job interviews or any time you need to look formal)



- Everyday earrings (small-ish in size, and at least made of sterling silver so they last longer)


- Swimmers/bathing suit (this is obvious, but I’m saying it anyway)


I’m pretty sure I've covered everything. Since I'm currently overseas and away from my beloved laptop, I'll mainly be using popular posts from my second tumblr until I get back xx

Taken from: My second tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment