Thursday 15 May 2014

Finding the perfect outfit

Hey, everyone! In case you haven't read my latest blog post, I queued this particular post while I was overseas, but for some reason it never got published. I wanted to post it now, so you can all read it :). I know I've been taking a few posts from my second tumblr lately, but this post surprisingly got a lot of notes. Other than that, read on :)

So you’ve got something coming up, but have no idea what to wear? Join the club. Hopefully, after you read this you’ll have all your future worries sorted!

1. Decode the invitation. Take note on any dress codes mentioned, as well as how formal the invitations look. If the invitation is on Facebook or there is no invitation at all, find out who else is coming and try to ask them for their opinion.
Black tie = a long or floor-length dress

2. Pick your outfit. It doesn’t matter how long this part takes, as long as it gets done. There’s nothing worse than throwing clothes all over your room in an attempt to find something to wear at the last minute! Just make sure your outfit matches the theme/dress code.

3. Accessorize! I know you’ve probably heard it a hundred times, but it’s true: accessories really do make an outfit. They can be used to dress up or down, so make sure you pay close attention to this step. (Remember, if in doubt, dress up)

4. The finishing touches. For just a casual party, make sure your hair and make-up isn’t too high maintenance. Limit your touch-ups to 2 max, because you’re there to have fun, not to be constantly worrying about smudging your eyeliner!

 xx

Taken from: My second tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment